Samosir to host Tobatak Music Festival 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Tobatak Music Festival is back for the third time on August 12, taking place at the Open-Air Stage at Tuk Siadong on Samosir island, North Sumatra.
The lineup will include local and international musicians, such as Austrian Eurovision Song Contest 2011 finalist Nadine Beiler, soprano singer Bernadeta Astari from the Netherlands and Indonesia’s Tongam Sirait.
Read also: 2017 Lake Toba tourism calendar released
“Samosir will have a music festival that presents local and international musicians, just like other international festivals such as the Jakarta International Java Jazz, the Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands and the Rainforest World Music Festival in Malaysia,” said Tobatak Music Festival project manager Henry Manik. (asw)
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'