Samosir to host Tobatak Music Festival 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Tobatak Music Festival is back for the third time on August 12, taking place at the Open-Air Stage at Tuk Siadong on Samosir island, North Sumatra.
The lineup will include local and international musicians, such as Austrian Eurovision Song Contest 2011 finalist Nadine Beiler, soprano singer Bernadeta Astari from the Netherlands and Indonesia’s Tongam Sirait.
Read also: 2017 Lake Toba tourism calendar released
“Samosir will have a music festival that presents local and international musicians, just like other international festivals such as the Jakarta International Java Jazz, the Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands and the Rainforest World Music Festival in Malaysia,” said Tobatak Music Festival project manager Henry Manik. (asw)
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor