Samosir to host Tobatak Music Festival 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Tobatak Music Festival is back for the third time on August 12, taking place at the Open-Air Stage at Tuk Siadong on Samosir island, North Sumatra.
The lineup will include local and international musicians, such as Austrian Eurovision Song Contest 2011 finalist Nadine Beiler, soprano singer Bernadeta Astari from the Netherlands and Indonesia’s Tongam Sirait.
Read also: 2017 Lake Toba tourism calendar released
“Samosir will have a music festival that presents local and international musicians, just like other international festivals such as the Jakarta International Java Jazz, the Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands and the Rainforest World Music Festival in Malaysia,” said Tobatak Music Festival project manager Henry Manik. (asw)
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape