Samosir to host Tobatak Music Festival 2017
The Jakarta Post
The Tobatak Music Festival is back for the third time on August 12, taking place at the Open-Air Stage at Tuk Siadong on Samosir island, North Sumatra.
The lineup will include local and international musicians, such as Austrian Eurovision Song Contest 2011 finalist Nadine Beiler, soprano singer Bernadeta Astari from the Netherlands and Indonesia’s Tongam Sirait.
Read also: 2017 Lake Toba tourism calendar released
“Samosir will have a music festival that presents local and international musicians, just like other international festivals such as the Jakarta International Java Jazz, the Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands and the Rainforest World Music Festival in Malaysia,” said Tobatak Music Festival project manager Henry Manik. (asw)
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement