Minor elevator incident at Soekarno-Hatta caused by faulty gearbox
The Jakarta Post
Management at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport has clarified reports regarding recent technical issues at Terminal 2D.
Agus Haryadi, the head of the corporate and legal division at state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II, said an elevator at the terminal malfunctioned because of a faulty gearbox.
“The elevator didn’t fall or collapse like what has been reported by online media,” Agus said.
When the gearbox malfunctioned, the elevator traveling from the first to the second floor stopped immediately.
“Our technicians have already checked the elevator and the cables aren’t broken,” he added.
Agus has apologized for the inconvenience.
“Currently the elevator is out of service until further examinations can take place,” he said. (kes)
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- Banyumas hospital severely damaged after quake
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president