Minor elevator incident at Soekarno-Hatta caused by faulty gearbox
The Jakarta Post
Management at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport has clarified reports regarding recent technical issues at Terminal 2D.
Agus Haryadi, the head of the corporate and legal division at state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II, said an elevator at the terminal malfunctioned because of a faulty gearbox.
“The elevator didn’t fall or collapse like what has been reported by online media,” Agus said.
When the gearbox malfunctioned, the elevator traveling from the first to the second floor stopped immediately.
“Our technicians have already checked the elevator and the cables aren’t broken,” he added.
Agus has apologized for the inconvenience.
“Currently the elevator is out of service until further examinations can take place,” he said. (kes)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft