Minor elevator incident at Soekarno-Hatta caused by faulty gearbox
The Jakarta Post
Management at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport has clarified reports regarding recent technical issues at Terminal 2D.
Agus Haryadi, the head of the corporate and legal division at state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II, said an elevator at the terminal malfunctioned because of a faulty gearbox.
“The elevator didn’t fall or collapse like what has been reported by online media,” Agus said.
When the gearbox malfunctioned, the elevator traveling from the first to the second floor stopped immediately.
“Our technicians have already checked the elevator and the cables aren’t broken,” he added.
Agus has apologized for the inconvenience.
“Currently the elevator is out of service until further examinations can take place,” he said. (kes)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash