Wonderful Indonesia advertisement lights up Shibuya Crossing
The Jakarta Post
An advertisement for the “Wonderful Indonesia” tourism campaign can now be spotted overlooking Japan’s famed Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo.
“Japan is entering its school holiday period on July 21 until August 3, and there will be a public holiday from August 11 to 20,” explained Tourism Ministry's deputy for overseas promotion I Gde Pitana.
Shibuya Crossing is one of the busiest intersections in Japan. Every day, some 69,000 pedestrians walk across the intersection. Shibuya Crossing is located in front of Shibuya Station, where the Hachiko statue stands. The station itself has eight different public train tracks and 15 city bus tracks from different areas.
The advertisement comes in the form of a 4-meter by 25-meter vertical advertisement board showcasing pictures of Banyuwangi in East Java, Borobudur Temple in Central java and an underwater view of Nusa Penida, Bali.
The Wonderful Indonesia tourism campaign for the Japanese market kicked off in mid-May, starting with a promotion at Shinagawa Station, then continued at Haneda Airport in early June, before wrapping up in mid-July.
In 2016, Japan placed fifth for the highest number of overseas tourists coming to Indonesia. According to Tourism Minister Arief Yahya, on average, Japanese travelers spend six days vacationing in Indonesia, spending an average of $1,138.
Some 74 percent of hotel occupancy is dominated by Japanese visitors. Moreover, 47 percent of Japanese tourists discover Indonesia through word-of-mouth. (asw)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft