AirAsia to connect Singapore with Medan, Padang
The Jakarta Post
Low-cost carrier AirAsia is set to launch two international routes from Medan in North Sumatra and Padang in West Sumatra to Singapore on Feb. 9 next year.
To promote the new routes, the airline will offer discounted fares starting at Rp 479,000 (US$35.46) for the Medan-Singapore route and Rp 599,000 for the Padang-Singapore route. The special price is available on the airline’s website and can be used for journeys occurring between Feb. 9 and Nov. 11 next year.
Additionally, the airline is also set to reopen the Jakarta-Medan route starting at Rp 659,000.
Read also: AirAsia to launch Denpasar-Tokyo route
AirAsia Indonesia stated in a press release that these three routes would utilize the Airbus A320 aircraft with a capacity of 180 passengers. The flights reportedly would be available seven times a week.
AirAsia Group CEO for Indonesia Dendy Kurniawan said Singapore remained the most popular destination for domestic tourists due to its proximity and the diverse tourist attractions. The new routes aimed to offer affordable fares for travelers.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta-Medan route is set to address the high demand for such a route and to boost economic activities in both cities. (kes)
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’