Wonderful Indonesia Generation Thailand to be launched in Bangkok
Wonderful Indonesia Generation (GenWI) Thailand chapter will be officially launched on Nov. 20 at CentralWorld in Bangkok.
This social media-savvy community will be responsible in promoting Indonesian tourism to the people of Thailand.
“Nowadays people look for information digitally; the presence of GenWI in Thailand will boost Indonesian tourism […] and contribute in bringing overseas tourists, especially from Thailand, to Indonesia,” told Tourism Ministry's secretary Ukus Kuswara.
This year, the ministry is targeting to welcome 118,000 tourists from Thailand.
Read also: Siladen Island, a hidden paradise in Bunaken
Recently, Indonesian Student Association (PPI) in East China launched the Wonderful Indonesia Generation (GenWi) China on Oct. 7 in Shanghai.
Prior to the launching event in Thailand, the ministry will have a talk about Wonderful Indonesia promotional programs and the establishment of regional coordinators for GenWI Thailand.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya praised the contribution of GenWI and Indonesian Charms Generation (GenPI) for Indonesian tourism. Both communities have been very creative in finding ways to promote destinations in Indonesia.
“Like Karetan Market [in Central Java] that is popular among the locals,” told Arief.
Arief moreover hoped that GenWI Thailand would give a significant contribution to the tourism in Indonesia. (kes)
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Paint thinner factory catches fire, no fatalities reported
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia