Jakarta among top 10 cities on Instagram
The Jakarta Post
If Instagram posts are any measure, Jakarta may be among the most popular and appreciated cities on Earth.
Every year, Instagram analyzes geotag data to determine netizens’ favorite destinations for Instagram. This summer, the social media platform revealed that Jakarta was among the most geo-tagged destination in the world on Instagram’s Stories feature.
From data published by Conde Nast Traveler last week, Jakarta takes the eighth spot for most geo-tagged destination across the platform, above Istanbul, Turkey and Barcelona, Spain.
The first position on the list is occupied by New York, which incidentally is home to three of the world’s most-Instagrammed tourist attractions, namely the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square and Central Park.
Other cities that made the top-10 list include Moscow and Paris.
Here is the complete list of top-10 most-Instagrammed cities in the world:
1. New York City, United States
4. São Paulo, Brazil
6. Los Angeles, the US
7. St. Petersburg, Russia
9. Istanbul, Turkey
10. Barcelona, Spain
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas