West Sumatra holds Pariaman Triathlon 2017
Last weekend on Dec. 2-3, Pariaman in West Sumatra held Pariaman Triathlon 2017 at Kata Beach.
A total of 144 athletes from countries such as France, New Zealand, Hungary, Japan, Spain and Portugal participated in this event that was held for the first time.
During the race, these athletes had to swim, cycle and run and traveled through the beaches of Kata, Cermin and Gondoriah.
The latter is known for its six small islands, namely Kasiak, Angso, Tangah, Ujung, Gosong and Bando, and a railway that connects to Padang.
Not only did this event promote tourism in Pariaman, it also contributed to the occupancy rate of hotels in the city.
“Throughout Pariaman Triathlon 2017, hotels are fully booked, even days before the event,” said Pariaman Culture and Tourism Agency head Elfis Chandra. (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas