Airport bus service available at Pondok Indah Mall
The Jakarta Post
Bus services to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, are now available from Pondok Indah Mall 2 in South Jakarta.
Bambang Prihartono, head of the Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (
"The transportation minister has instructed us to prepare 200 buses by the end of the year, which we have achieved to accommodate people's need for a safe and reliable mode of public transportation," said Bambang as quoted by tempo.co.
PIM is the seventh shopping mall to be connected by JA Connexion to Soekarno-Hatta airport. A similar service is available from Grand Indonesia and Mall Taman Anggrek, among others.
Bambang said the service was not launched based on demand but on the hope of creating one. "In Bekasi, [the response] is apparently good and so we have added more [buses] as such a service affects economic growth."
JA Connexion uses air conditioned buses with comfortable seats and Wi-Fi and take 90 minutes to reach the airport. (kes)
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters