Borobudur's first visitors in 2018 honored with elephant ride
The Jakarta Post
The first four visitors to Borobudur park in 2018 had the honor of riding elephants. The lucky visitors were Aziz from Candimulyo Magelang and Toriqul Huda from Yogyakarta, as well Martin from Singapore and Agnes from Poland.
Aside from the elephant ride, they also received souvenirs from park management.
The four elephants took the visitors from the main gate to the Borobudur temple entrance, along with a Bregodo Samber Wulung parade from Wanurejo village, Borobudur regency.
Agnes expressed her delight with the elephant ride, “I am very happy for the appreciation. This is my first time visiting the Borobudur temple and the people here are very nice,” she told Antara.
The president of Borobudur, Prambanan and Ratu Boko park, Edy Setijono, said the first visitors' appreciation in 2018 was a realization of the company's service excellence.
“We want to increase our service quality and therefore service is key. We appreciate our first visitors of the year,” he added.
The appreciation, according to Edy, is also part of the park's promotion and will continue on throughout the year although in different forms.
“We want to build the spirit, so excellence should be our services’ core in 2018,” he added.
In 2017, Borobudur temple was visited by 3.8 million tourists, seven percent of whom were international tourists. (asw)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report