Batik Air to launch Surabaya-West Papua route on Jan. 19
The Jakarta Post
Batik Air is set to open a new route for flights between Surabaya and West Papua on Jan. 19.
Flights heading toward West Papua will depart from Juanda International Airport and land at Domine Eduard Osok Airport in Sorong, where a separate flight heads to Rendani Airport in Manokwari as part of the new route, as reported by Kompas Travel.
“With this new flight route, we hope to respond to our loyal Batik Air passengers and serve them for holidays [and] business or family visits with a premium class flight that offers more comfort,” said Ramaditya Handoko of Lion Air Group's corporate communications division in a press release.
The Batik Air flight from Surabaya to West Papua will fly once a day, departing from Surabaya at 5:00 a.m. WIB and arriving in Sorong at 11:00 a.m. WIT. The flight from Sorong to Manokwari takes off at 11:00 a.m. and arrives at 11:55 a.m. WIT.
The flight to Surabaya takes off from Manokwari at 12:40 p.m. and lands in Sorong at 01:35 p.m. In Sorong, the flight takes off at 2:15 p.m. WIT and arrives in Surabaya at 03:30 p.m. WIB.
For the route, Batik Air will operate an Airbus A320-200 CEO with 12 business class seats and 144 economy class seats, in addition to its Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 737-900 airplanes.
In 2018, the airline aims to add eight more Airbus A320-200 CEO for its domestic and international routes. (asw)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall