Top 10 destinations on the rise revealed
The Jakarta Post
Travel planning and booking website TripAdvisor recently released its list of the world's top destinations on the rise based on its algorithm and comparisons to last year's data.
As reported by kompas.com, the top ten list is as follows:
- Ishigaki, Japan
- Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Halifax, Canada
- Gdansk, Poland
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Riga, Latvia
- Rovinj, Croatia
- Nerja, Spain
- Casablanca, Morocco
Read also: Six destinations to check out in Sumenep
Ishigaki, which tops the list, is particularly interesting since it beat out the world's popular tourist hot spot Hawaii.
An island in Japan with a population of around 50,000 people, Ishigaki is actually known as the Hawaii of Japan because of its abundance of white sand beaches, crystal clear sea water, mangrove forests and breathtaking diving spots.
In 2016, this place was said to have welcomed up to 8.77 million tourists, an increase of 10.5 percent over the previous year. It is predicted to greet even more tourists this year.
Another interesting place on the list is Kenya's capital city, Nairobi. Many travelers are said to be very keen on visiting this destination, with one TripAdvisor user praising it as a modern city, full of spirit, blessed with fantastic wild nature but also home to glamorous nightlife. (kes)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall