UI ranks 47th among Asian universities: uniRank
The Jakarta Post
The University of Indonesia (UI) was ranked 47th in Asia or 534th in the world according to the 2017 World Universities Rankings.
The university's Public Relations and Public Information Openness head Rifelly Dewi Astuti told Antara on Monday that the ranking, which was released by international institution uniRank in January, was based on five parameters: Moz Domain Authority, Alexa Traffic Global Rank, Similar Web Global Rank, Majestic SEO Reffering Domain and Majestic SEO Trust Flow.
"These parameters were used to calculate the website's popularity based on links, visitor statistics and the number of websites that provide links," she said.
(Read also: UI 'best business school' in Indonesia: Eduniversal)
UniRank reportedly ranked 12,358 universities from 200 countries, which included 398 higher education institutes in Indonesia, based on their popularity on the internet.
Aside from being named the most popular university in Indonesia, uniRank also recognized UI as the best higher education institute in the country, as well as the only Indonesian university on the list of the top 100 Asian universities at 79th position according to QS World University Rankings 2015-2016. Webometrics Rankings of World Universities 2016 also put UI as the top Indonesian university and as having the best website. Meanwhile, Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings includes UI on its list of the 800 best universities in the world. (kes)
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga