Indonesian students win Asia Pacific animation competition in Taiwan
The Jakarta Post
Teams of students from Surya University in Tangerang, Banten, and Indonesia Computer University (Unikom) in Bandung, West Java, have reportedly won the Asiagraph Reallusion Award 2017 (ARA) in Taiwan.
ARA is an annual animation film live contest, which requires participants to develop real-time 3D animation within 48 hours.
Students from Asia Pacific countries, including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia, reportedly joined the event as well.
In the final round held on Aug. 23-25, Surya University came up as the Best Film winner through their work titled Sidewalk and is entitled for US$10,000 prize. Meanwhile, Unikom received an Outstanding Work award.
Selamat kepada Ray Paulus, Grace Rottie, dan Faustine Angeline dari Digital Communication 2014 @himagic_su yg telah berhasil meraih juara pertama dalam ajang internasional Asiagraph Reallusion Award 2017 di Taiwan dalam kategori Best Film 3D Animation. Tim Adjustable Groove dari Surya University merupakan salah satu dari dua perwakilan tim yg mewakili Indonesia di ajang internasional ini. Mereka berhasil meraih juara pertama dan mengharumkan nama Indonesia di kancah internasional karena telah berhasil mengalahkan berbagai tim dari negara-negara di Asia. We are proud of you guys! #Digicombangga #Digicomkeren6 ・・・ #Repost @himagic_su
According to kompas.com, prior to the final round the participants joined a local round competition held in Tarumanagara University on May 8-10.
Sony Adi Purnomo, a member of Surya University’s supervising team, expressed his hopes that the achievement would help improve local creative industry resources, particularly film and animation.
He also said the achievement proves that Indonesian students’ skills can compete with other countries. (jes/kes)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala