Indonesian students win Asia Pacific animation competition in Taiwan
The Jakarta Post
Teams of students from Surya University in Tangerang, Banten, and Indonesia Computer University (Unikom) in Bandung, West Java, have reportedly won the Asiagraph Reallusion Award 2017 (ARA) in Taiwan.
ARA is an annual animation film live contest, which requires participants to develop real-time 3D animation within 48 hours.
Students from Asia Pacific countries, including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia, reportedly joined the event as well.
In the final round held on Aug. 23-25, Surya University came up as the Best Film winner through their work titled Sidewalk and is entitled for US$10,000 prize. Meanwhile, Unikom received an Outstanding Work award.
Selamat kepada Ray Paulus, Grace Rottie, dan Faustine Angeline dari Digital Communication 2014 @himagic_su yg telah berhasil meraih juara pertama dalam ajang internasional Asiagraph Reallusion Award 2017 di Taiwan dalam kategori Best Film 3D Animation. Tim Adjustable Groove dari Surya University merupakan salah satu dari dua perwakilan tim yg mewakili Indonesia di ajang internasional ini. Mereka berhasil meraih juara pertama dan mengharumkan nama Indonesia di kancah internasional karena telah berhasil mengalahkan berbagai tim dari negara-negara di Asia. We are proud of you guys! #Digicombangga #Digicomkeren6 ・・・ #Repost @himagic_su
According to kompas.com, prior to the final round the participants joined a local round competition held in Tarumanagara University on May 8-10.
Sony Adi Purnomo, a member of Surya University’s supervising team, expressed his hopes that the achievement would help improve local creative industry resources, particularly film and animation.
He also said the achievement proves that Indonesian students’ skills can compete with other countries. (jes/kes)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world