2018 FITE video contest invites students to explore 'cultural heritage'
The Jakarta Post
The Institut Français D'Indonésie (IFI) has launched the third edition of the annual student video contest, themed "Cultural Heritage", and is inviting university students across the country to send in their entries.
Part of the Forum for International Tourism and the Environment (FITE) 2018, the competition marks the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage and challenges students to create a video that explores the statement: “Cultural heritage allows us to understand the past and to look to our future. [...]"
The video must be filmed in English with a maximum duration of 5 minutes. The deadline for submissions is March 31. Complete information is available on the official 2018 Online Competition page.
Selected students will be invited to the two-day 2018 FITE Conference and competition final on June 21-22 in Nusa Dua, Bali. The semifinalists will then participate in a training workshop led by debate and tourism experts from George Washington University. At the end of the competition, three winners will be awarded with a study tour to France.
The IFI has been holding the competition since 2016. Last year, the three winning students were Desy Ekaputri from the Institute of Tourism (STP) Bali, Inasa Ori Sativa from STP Bandung and Pande Putu Wulandari from STP Bali. (wir/kes)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Qantas, Jetstar to move to Soekarno-Hatta's Terminal 3