TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor

  • News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Fri, June 23, 2017   /   06:07 pm
Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor Suspected: MNC Group owner Hary Tanoesoedibjo (right) enters his vehicle after attending a questioning at the Cybercrime Directorate at the National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department in Jakarta on June 12. (Antara/Rivan Awal Lingga)

The National Police have issued a notification letter on an investigation order against businessman-cum-politician Hary Tanoesoedibjo as a suspect in case centering on an alleged threat against an Attorney General’s Office (AGO) investigator in early 2016, a spokesman has said.

“A notification letter dated June 15 has been issued, which allows an investigation into him as a suspect,” National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Rikwanto said on Friday.

Head of the AGO’s sub-directorate for special crimes, Yulianto, reported Hary to the police for allegedly sending threats to him through text messages at the beginning of last year. He believed the threats were connected to the AGO’s investigation into a graft case related to Mobile-8 Telecom, a telecommunications company Hary once owned.

Rikwanto further said the police had scheduled to question the media mogul “in early July, after the Idul Fitri holidays”. The police have charged Hary with violating Article 29 of the 2016 ITE Law, which is punishable by up to four years in prison. (kuk/ebf)