TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Indika completes acquisition of Kideco

Indika completes acquisition of Kideco Indika Energy director Aziz Armand (right), Indika Energy president director Arsjad Rasjid (center), Indika Energy independent director Eddy Junaedy Danu (left) talk about the company's financial report shortly after the media expose in Jakarta in this file photo. Coal miner PT Indika Energy, through its subsidiary PT Indika Inti Corporindo, has finished the US$517 million acquisition of coal producer PT Kideco Jaya Agung. (JP/yon)
News Desk
Jakarta   ●   Sun, December 10, 2017 2017-12-10 16:04 1251 1f87594453bb792833e1ece3a2cce44b 2 Business coal,Indika-Energy,acquisition,Kideco,revenue,profit,loss Free

Publicly listed coal miner PT Indika Energy, through its subsidiary PT Indika Inti Corporindo, has completed the US$517 million acquisition of coal producer PT Kideco Jaya Agung.

With the acquisition of a 45 percent stake from South Korean resource and energy company Samtan Co. Ltd and PT Muji Inti Utama, Indika now controls 91 percent of the company. Samtan holds the remaining 9 percent of Kideco.

Indika president director Arsjad Rasjid said Kideco had made an immense contribution to Indika’s business and the deal would help Indika grow and strengthen its position in the energy industry.

Read also: Indika Energy issues $265 million worth of global bonds

“With the entry of Kideco as our new consolidated subsidiary, we will put more efforts into optimizing strategic value and synergy within the group,” he said in a press statement on Friday.

In the third quarter of this year, Indika’s revenue rose by 22 percent year-on-year to $694.7 million thanks to increased activities of its subsidiaries and higher coal prices. Meanwhile, it posted a $81.4 million profit in the July-September period, reversing a $20.6 million loss in the same period last year. (srs/lnd)