Strategic importance of US vice president's visit
Staff member at the Foreign Ministry’s Directorate General for American and European Affairs
PREMIUM United States Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Indonesia and neighboring countries on April 15 to 24 could not have come at a more critical time. The tour is Pence’s first official trip to the Asia Pacific and the choice of countries signals a crystal clear message: The US is committed to maintaining its important alliances and interests in the region, as well as strategic partners...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Pence set for warm Israeli welcome, Palestinian snub
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Volcano rains ash on Philippines as experts warn of violent eruption
- Jakarta Composite Index hits 6,500 on Monday