Strategic importance of US vice president's visit
Staff member at the Foreign Ministry’s Directorate General for American and European Affairs
PREMIUM United States Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Indonesia and neighboring countries on April 15 to 24 could not have come at a more critical time. The tour is Pence’s first official trip to the Asia Pacific and the choice of countries signals a crystal clear message: The US is committed to maintaining its important alliances and interests in the region, as well as strategic partners...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia