Strategic importance of US vice president's visit
Staff member at the Foreign Ministry’s Directorate General for American and European Affairs
PREMIUM United States Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Indonesia and neighboring countries on April 15 to 24 could not have come at a more critical time. The tour is Pence’s first official trip to the Asia Pacific and the choice of countries signals a crystal clear message: The US is committed to maintaining its important alliances and interests in the region, as well as strategic partners...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods