Strategic importance of US vice president's visit
Staff member at the Foreign Ministry’s Directorate General for American and European Affairs
PREMIUM United States Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Indonesia and neighboring countries on April 15 to 24 could not have come at a more critical time. The tour is Pence’s first official trip to the Asia Pacific and the choice of countries signals a crystal clear message: The US is committed to maintaining its important alliances and interests in the region, as well as strategic partners...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade