Strategic importance of US vice president's visit
Staff member at the Foreign Ministry’s Directorate General for American and European Affairs
PREMIUM United States Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Indonesia and neighboring countries on April 15 to 24 could not have come at a more critical time. The tour is Pence’s first official trip to the Asia Pacific and the choice of countries signals a crystal clear message: The US is committed to maintaining its important alliances and interests in the region, as well as strategic partners...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official