Timor Leste deserves to join ASEAN
Curtis S. Chin
Former US ambassador to the Asian Development Bank
PREMIUM Bright blue election boxes and indelibly inked index fingers. These are just some of the vivid colors of democracy that come to mind as I think back to something momentous that just happened in Southeast Asia. When contemplating the future of the vibrant Southeast Asian region, the tiny island nation of Timor Leste is unlikely to be top of-mind among the top diplomats who have gathered in Manil...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Oil rises toward $63 as OPEC cuts weighed against US supplies
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore