Commentary: Forget energy self-sufficiency, Indonesia taking easiest route: Imports
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
The government seems to have thrown in the towel in its quest to attract massive investment into the upstream oil and gas sector, as recently indicated by Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Ignasius Jonan.
Jonan, a former banker, is adamant about not providing incentives to attract high-risk capital-intensive investment in the sector or even in renewable energy development ...
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse