How the Chinese Communist Party congress will affect our region
Klaus Heinrich Raditio
Researching China’s recent behavior and strategy in the South China Sea for his PhD at the University of Sydney
PREMIUM China will convene on Oct. 18 the most important meeting in its political structure: the 19th Communist Party congress. Given that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is the nucleus of the Chinese state, the upcoming CCP Congress is considered the most decisive convention for the country’s future. The most anticipated result is the formation of the new Politburo Standing Committee (or the P...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Indonesia launches 16th economic package
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw