Aceh's long way to truth and reconciliation
Sri Lestari Wahyuningroem
Teaches political science at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The Aceh Truth and Reconciliation Commission (KKR Aceh) marked its first anniversary on Oct. 24. The commission was established under a 2013 bylaw as mandated in a 2004 memorandum of understanding, a peace agreement signed in Helsinki, Finland, between the Indonesian government and the Free Aceh Movement (GAM) that ended three decades of conflict in Aceh. For some years, civil society groups an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world