Aceh's long way to truth and reconciliation
Sri Lestari Wahyuningroem
Teaches political science at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The Aceh Truth and Reconciliation Commission (KKR Aceh) marked its first anniversary on Oct. 24. The commission was established under a 2013 bylaw as mandated in a 2004 memorandum of understanding, a peace agreement signed in Helsinki, Finland, between the Indonesian government and the Free Aceh Movement (GAM) that ended three decades of conflict in Aceh. For some years, civil society groups an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- BI to punish payment service providers using Bitcoin