Aceh's long way to truth and reconciliation
Sri Lestari Wahyuningroem
Teaches political science at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The Aceh Truth and Reconciliation Commission (KKR Aceh) marked its first anniversary on Oct. 24. The commission was established under a 2013 bylaw as mandated in a 2004 memorandum of understanding, a peace agreement signed in Helsinki, Finland, between the Indonesian government and the Free Aceh Movement (GAM) that ended three decades of conflict in Aceh. For some years, civil society groups an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere