Aceh's long way to truth and reconciliation
Sri Lestari Wahyuningroem
Teaches political science at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The Aceh Truth and Reconciliation Commission (KKR Aceh) marked its first anniversary on Oct. 24. The commission was established under a 2013 bylaw as mandated in a 2004 memorandum of understanding, a peace agreement signed in Helsinki, Finland, between the Indonesian government and the Free Aceh Movement (GAM) that ended three decades of conflict in Aceh. For some years, civil society groups an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official