50 years of ASEAN: Meeting the energy challenges
Manager of the ASEAN-German Energy Programme at the ASEAN Center for Energy (ACE)
PREMIUM ASEAN marks its 50th anniversary this year. The grouping, with a population of about 630 million people and a combined gross domestic product (GDP) of US$2.4 trillion, is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world. Its economy, the third-largest in Asia and sixth-largest in the world in 2015, is projected to ascend to fourth position by 2040. With an average annual GDP growth rate of 5.3 p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'