50 years of ASEAN: Meeting the energy challenges
Manager of the ASEAN-German Energy Programme at the ASEAN Center for Energy (ACE)
PREMIUM ASEAN marks its 50th anniversary this year. The grouping, with a population of about 630 million people and a combined gross domestic product (GDP) of US$2.4 trillion, is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world. Its economy, the third-largest in Asia and sixth-largest in the world in 2015, is projected to ascend to fourth position by 2040. With an average annual GDP growth rate of 5.3 p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Online prostitution ring busted in Bekasi
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- No-sweat exercise may prolong life for the elderly: Study
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan to build green 'landmark' in Bali
- Government halts all elevated projects