Building a green foundation for Indonesia
IFC country manager for Indonesia, Malaysia and Timor-Leste
PREMIUM A swelling population and rapid urbanization is leading to a growing demand for new construction across the world, threatening major increases in carbon emissions. To offer a glimpse, today’s buildings account for 19 percent of energy-related greenhouse-gas emissions and consume 40 percent of electricity worldwide. Back home, Indonesia is the fourth largest greenhouse gas emitter, after t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program