Religious traditions vs religious truths
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM The recent sexual harassment allegations against two famous Muslim scholars, the American Nouman Ali Khan and Tariq Ramadan, serve as a ghastly reminder for us that the female body remains a mere object in religious teachings. This means three things. First, women are reduced to their biological functions, as reflected in the general view on polygamy in Muslim communities, considered a valid me...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?