Religious traditions vs religious truths
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM The recent sexual harassment allegations against two famous Muslim scholars, the American Nouman Ali Khan and Tariq Ramadan, serve as a ghastly reminder for us that the female body remains a mere object in religious teachings. This means three things. First, women are reduced to their biological functions, as reflected in the general view on polygamy in Muslim communities, considered a valid me...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards