Beware of US mercantilism
Senior researcher at Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM In the first year of his administration, United States President Donald Trump has failed to back up his words with real action on a variety of issues that he promised in his presidential campaign. However, the world’s governments, especially those in Europe and Asia, should be cautious given his “America First” trade agenda. It would be a mistake to assume that he will not fol...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case