Fed rate, Trump tax reform and Indonesian economy
Commissioner in a publicly listed oil and gas service company
PREMIUM The Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) closed 2017 with a big bang. On Dec. 29, the last day of trading, the Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) reached a record high of 6355.65. It was higher than in China (6.6 percent), Singapore (18.1 percent), Malaysia (9.5 percent) and Thailand (13.7 percent). Out of that gain, a 6.8 percentage point increase was recorded in December alone. This was unprecedented...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday