Knocking on closed doors: Refugees in ASEAN
Shaffira D. Gayatri and Alldo Fellix Januardy
PREMIUM “A strong commitment to regional peace and security” was at the core of the Sydney Declaration, issued at the first-ever ASEAN-Australia Special Summit (March 16 to 18), which Australia hosted for the first time as a dialogue partner. The summit, which focused on economic cooperation and cybersecurity, signals Australia’s intention to establish stronger ties with ASEAN countries....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit