Knocking on closed doors: Refugees in ASEAN
Shaffira D. Gayatri and Alldo Fellix Januardy
PREMIUM “A strong commitment to regional peace and security” was at the core of the Sydney Declaration, issued at the first-ever ASEAN-Australia Special Summit (March 16 to 18), which Australia hosted for the first time as a dialogue partner. The summit, which focused on economic cooperation and cybersecurity, signals Australia’s intention to establish stronger ties with ASEAN countries....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow