Why we are losing the war against payment card fraud
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The string of ATM card skimming scams has once again brought Indonesian payment card security into the spotlight. A number of skimming cases involving perpetrators from overseas have been uncovered by the authorities. For example, five Romanian and Hungarian nationals were recently arrested for allegedly being involved in fraud targeting the customers of a state-owned bank, Bank Rakyat Indonesia (...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom