Why we are losing the war against payment card fraud
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The string of ATM card skimming scams has once again brought Indonesian payment card security into the spotlight. A number of skimming cases involving perpetrators from overseas have been uncovered by the authorities. For example, five Romanian and Hungarian nationals were recently arrested for allegedly being involved in fraud targeting the customers of a state-owned bank, Bank Rakyat Indonesia (...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt