Insight: ASEAN deserves central role in Indo-Pacific cooperation
Vice chair, Board of Trustees, CSIS Foundation
PREMIUM The United States’ new concept to manage the region from the Western Pacific Coast of the US to the Indian Ocean, India and the borders of Pakistan and Afghanistan was put up in the 2017-2018 National Security System named Indo-Pacific and launched almost simultaneously with the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quad), a cooperation of democratic countries in the Indo-Pacific region — t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper