Another commodity boom: Blessing or curse in disguise?
Corporate finance analyst
Last year was a good one for coal miners in Indonesia and the party is expected to continue in 2018. Indonesia’s coal reference price (Harga Batubara Acuan, based on 6,322 kcal/kg gross as received [GAR] coal) reached US$101.86 per metric ton in March 2018, the highest since 2012.
As of June 2018, the reference price stood at $96.61 per metric ton, with growth rates of 8...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse