Another commodity boom: Blessing or curse in disguise?
Corporate finance analyst
Last year was a good one for coal miners in Indonesia and the party is expected to continue in 2018. Indonesia’s coal reference price (Harga Batubara Acuan, based on 6,322 kcal/kg gross as received [GAR] coal) reached US$101.86 per metric ton in March 2018, the highest since 2012.
As of June 2018, the reference price stood at $96.61 per metric ton, with growth rates of 8...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police