Another commodity boom: Blessing or curse in disguise?
Corporate finance analyst
Last year was a good one for coal miners in Indonesia and the party is expected to continue in 2018. Indonesia’s coal reference price (Harga Batubara Acuan, based on 6,322 kcal/kg gross as received [GAR] coal) reached US$101.86 per metric ton in March 2018, the highest since 2012.
As of June 2018, the reference price stood at $96.61 per metric ton, with growth rates of 8...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games