Short-term pain, long-term gain for RI
Hidetoshi Nishimura, Dionisius Narjoko and Fauziah Zen
Many eyes are on Indonesia, questioning the attractiveness of the country as an investment destination amid significant rupiah depreciation. Is it still smart to put money into the country? Will the country survive the exchange rate depreciation? Or is the country turning towards protectionism? These are some of the questions posed by many Indonesia observers, especially global investors.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- The warning signs get stronger
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65