Indonesia-Singapore cooperation essential in fight against piracy
Curie Maharani and Arie Afriansyah
PREMIUM The recent abduction of three Indonesian crew members on the high seas off Congo is an example of the troubling rise in piracy and armed robbery in the Gulf of Guinea this year. The International Maritime Bureau Piracy Reporting Centre recorded that the area has accounted for 57 of the 156 reported incidents so far in 2018. What do we know of the incident, whose jurisdiction applies and what ar...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...