Jokowi to inaugurate Mianggas Airport in N. Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
Following his working visit to Papua, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is set to inaugurate Mianggas Airport in Talaud Islands, a regency in North Sulawesi, on Wednesday.
Construction of the airport started in 2012 and was completed in the middle of 2016.
President Jokowi and his entourage departed for Talaud Islands from Sam Ratulangi Airport in Manado, North Sulawesi, on board the Presidential aircraft on Wednesday morning.
After inaugurating Mianggas Airport, Jokowi will depart for Central Sulawesi, where he is set to inaugurate passenger terminals at Tanjung Api Airport in Tojo Una-Una and Kasiguncu Airport in Poso, the Presidential Press Bureau said in a statement.
Jokowi has often reiterated that improving connectivity among regions in Indonesia is needed to allow it to compete with its peer countries, seeing as the country consists of more than 17,000 islands. It is expected the airport developments can improve connectivity among areas in the country.
After the inauguration, Jokowi and First Lady Iriana Joko Widodo are scheduled to return to Jakarta on Wednesday evening. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators