KPU Jakarta kicks off final vote recapitulation
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) on Sunday held a plenary meeting on the final vote count from the Feb. 15 gubernatorial election. The move is part of the prescribed stages in Jakarta elections.
The meeting aims to recapitulate not only the results of voting in Jakarta’s five municipalities and one regency, but also the percentage of voter participations and other related data.
“This is a recapitulation process for the provincial level, and it is final. The results will show votes garnered by every candidate pair and determine whether or not we need to hold a second round of the election,” KPU Jakarta chairman Sumarno said during the meeting at the Grand Sahid Hotel in Central Jakarta.
Several candidates, Jakarta Legislative Council speakers, Jakarta Police chief Insp. Gen. M. Iriawan, political party elites, representatives of election watchdogs and other high-level officials attended the meeting.
Once the meeting’s results are announced, candidate pairs or their representatives will have the chance to file lawsuits with the Constitutional Court if they do not agree with the results.
If all candidate camps agree with the results and no party files an appeal within three days of the announcement, the KPU Jakarta will release the official results on March 3 or March 4.
The preliminary results in the cities and regency have shown that the Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama – Djarot Saiful Hidayat pair won in four areas, namely Central Jakarta, North Jakarta, West Jakarta and Thousand Islands. Meanwhile, Anies Baswedan and his running mate Sandiaga Uno won East Jakarta and South Jakarta. (ebf)
You might also like :
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3