Plane skids off runway in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
A Grand Caravan aircraft operated by Alda Air, skidded off the runway as it attempted to land at Kenyam Airport, Nduga district, Papua on Monday, apparently as a result of a burst tire.
The airplane, piloted by Capt. Paulus Kayadu and co-pilot Darsono, departed from Moses Kilangin Airport, Mimika, Papua, at 11:30 a.m. bound for Kenyam at 12:15 p.m.. The plane carried 1,090 kilograms of cargo and five passengers.
''There were no casualties in the incident, the plane was successfully evacuated,” Jayawijaya Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Yan Piet Reba told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
“The airplane was in a good condition, but the tire burst and so it went off the runway,” Yan said.
Kenyam Airport was temporary closed after the incident. (hol/wit)
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant