Plane skids off runway in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
A Grand Caravan aircraft operated by Alda Air, skidded off the runway as it attempted to land at Kenyam Airport, Nduga district, Papua on Monday, apparently as a result of a burst tire.
The airplane, piloted by Capt. Paulus Kayadu and co-pilot Darsono, departed from Moses Kilangin Airport, Mimika, Papua, at 11:30 a.m. bound for Kenyam at 12:15 p.m.. The plane carried 1,090 kilograms of cargo and five passengers.
''There were no casualties in the incident, the plane was successfully evacuated,” Jayawijaya Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Yan Piet Reba told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
“The airplane was in a good condition, but the tire burst and so it went off the runway,” Yan said.
Kenyam Airport was temporary closed after the incident. (hol/wit)
You might also like :
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor