Vice President attending funeral of Cambodian deputy prime minister
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla departed for Cambodia on Sunday morning to attend the funeral of the deputy prime minister of Cambodia, Sok An, in Phnom Penh.
The deputy prime minister passed away at the age of 66 on March 15 while he was receiving medical treatment in Beijing.
“Mr. Vice President went to Cambodia this morning to attend the funeral ceremony,” the Vice President secretariat said in a release on Sunday.
The Vice President and his wife, Mufidah Kalla, are also scheduled to make a courtesy visit to the Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen at the Peace Palace, the prime minister's office.
The Vice President would return to Indonesia later today. (rdi/dmr)
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor