Vice President attending funeral of Cambodian deputy prime minister
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla departed for Cambodia on Sunday morning to attend the funeral of the deputy prime minister of Cambodia, Sok An, in Phnom Penh.
The deputy prime minister passed away at the age of 66 on March 15 while he was receiving medical treatment in Beijing.
“Mr. Vice President went to Cambodia this morning to attend the funeral ceremony,” the Vice President secretariat said in a release on Sunday.
The Vice President and his wife, Mufidah Kalla, are also scheduled to make a courtesy visit to the Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen at the Peace Palace, the prime minister's office.
The Vice President would return to Indonesia later today. (rdi/dmr)
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Tech startup Koltiva expands assistance to coffee, oil palm farmers
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse