Vice President attending funeral of Cambodian deputy prime minister
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla departed for Cambodia on Sunday morning to attend the funeral of the deputy prime minister of Cambodia, Sok An, in Phnom Penh.
The deputy prime minister passed away at the age of 66 on March 15 while he was receiving medical treatment in Beijing.
“Mr. Vice President went to Cambodia this morning to attend the funeral ceremony,” the Vice President secretariat said in a release on Sunday.
The Vice President and his wife, Mufidah Kalla, are also scheduled to make a courtesy visit to the Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen at the Peace Palace, the prime minister's office.
The Vice President would return to Indonesia later today. (rdi/dmr)
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Pakistan marks grim Eid after oil tanker inferno kills 153
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- Jokowi praised for meeting with opposition Muslim organization during Idul Fitri