Vice President attending funeral of Cambodian deputy prime minister
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla departed for Cambodia on Sunday morning to attend the funeral of the deputy prime minister of Cambodia, Sok An, in Phnom Penh.
The deputy prime minister passed away at the age of 66 on March 15 while he was receiving medical treatment in Beijing.
“Mr. Vice President went to Cambodia this morning to attend the funeral ceremony,” the Vice President secretariat said in a release on Sunday.
The Vice President and his wife, Mufidah Kalla, are also scheduled to make a courtesy visit to the Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen at the Peace Palace, the prime minister's office.
The Vice President would return to Indonesia later today. (rdi/dmr)
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi