With more buses on the streets, a surge in Transjakarta passengers
The Jakarta Post
Public transportation provider PT Transportasi Jakarta (Transjakarta) recorded that the number of Transjakarta passengers in the first three months climbed 41.3 percent to 36.7 million passengers from 25.9 million in the corresponding period last year.
"Currently, Transjakarta serves approximately 450,000 passengers every day on working days," said Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono on Sunday, as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
(Read also: Transjakarta to operate boats to Thousand Islands)
Furthermore, Transjakarta served a total of 123.73 million passengers throughout 2016. It saw a surge of 20.8 percent as it only served 102.9 million passengers in 2015.
Budi added that Transjakarta operated more than 1,100 buses every day and that number had increased significantly from only 605 buses operated daily in January 2016.
Transjakarta owned more than 1,500 buses in the first three months of this year and targets to have 3,000 buses by the end of 2017. (wnd/wit)
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Depok Police release sexual assault suspect from detention