With more buses on the streets, a surge in Transjakarta passengers
The Jakarta Post
Public transportation provider PT Transportasi Jakarta (Transjakarta) recorded that the number of Transjakarta passengers in the first three months climbed 41.3 percent to 36.7 million passengers from 25.9 million in the corresponding period last year.
"Currently, Transjakarta serves approximately 450,000 passengers every day on working days," said Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono on Sunday, as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
(Read also: Transjakarta to operate boats to Thousand Islands)
Furthermore, Transjakarta served a total of 123.73 million passengers throughout 2016. It saw a surge of 20.8 percent as it only served 102.9 million passengers in 2015.
Budi added that Transjakarta operated more than 1,100 buses every day and that number had increased significantly from only 605 buses operated daily in January 2016.
Transjakarta owned more than 1,500 buses in the first three months of this year and targets to have 3,000 buses by the end of 2017. (wnd/wit)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival