Anies, Sandiaga leave town
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno left the city on Friday.
Anies flew to Medan, North Sumatra, on Friday morning to attend the 10th national meeting of the Islamic Students Alumni Association (KAHMI), in which Anies was recognized as one of its loyal members.
The two-day event was scheduled to be opened by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo on Friday.
Meanwhile, Sandiaga has been away from the city since Wednesday to represent Jakarta administration at a global forum of the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) in the United Arab Emirates. He was listed as one of the speakers at the event.
Before leaving Jakarta, Sandiaga said he would look for new foreign investors to fund the city’s infrastructure construction.
Earlier this year, Sandiaga promised to share responsibilities with Anies. "If Mas Anies leaves town, I will 'guard the cage' [City Hall]," he told the media in July before his inauguration as deputy governor. (yon)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case
- Instant Noodle Longform