Anies, Sandiaga leave town
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno left the city on Friday.
Anies flew to Medan, North Sumatra, on Friday morning to attend the 10th national meeting of the Islamic Students Alumni Association (KAHMI), in which Anies was recognized as one of its loyal members.
The two-day event was scheduled to be opened by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo on Friday.
Meanwhile, Sandiaga has been away from the city since Wednesday to represent Jakarta administration at a global forum of the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) in the United Arab Emirates. He was listed as one of the speakers at the event.
Before leaving Jakarta, Sandiaga said he would look for new foreign investors to fund the city’s infrastructure construction.
Earlier this year, Sandiaga promised to share responsibilities with Anies. "If Mas Anies leaves town, I will 'guard the cage' [City Hall]," he told the media in July before his inauguration as deputy governor. (yon)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high