Seven Jakarta tollgates to be closed during Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta traffic authorities have decided that seven tollgates will be closed during the 2018 Asian Games. The decision was made after assessing a traffic simulation involving the closure of 19 tollgates on Tuesday.
“We are studying the factors, such as effectiveness on the toll roads, conditions outside the tolls and effects of the gates’ closures. We will still close these seven gates,” Jakarta Police traffic director Sr. Comr. Yusuf said on Wednesday, kompas.com reported.
The tollgates are set to be closed while athletes, officials and media leave the athletes village for the Asian Games venues and vice versa.
The tollgates that will remain closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. are: Angke 2, Tanjung Duren, Slipi 2 and Taman Mini 1.
Those that will remain closed from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m are: Angke 1, Slipi 1 and Taman Mini 2.
Jakarta has implemented traffic simulations and additional policies, including the tollgate closures and extension of the odd-even license plate policy, to improve traffic during the Games.
Verri, a motorist who originally wanted to pass through the Tanjung Duren tollgate in West Jakarta, said he was fined since he had driven his even-numbered car on the odd-even route Jl. S. Parman, West Jakarta, on an odd date. The closure was done at the expense of the citizens' convenience, he added.
"I know of the odd-even policy. What I did not know was the tollgate closure," he said. (ami/rfa)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know