Buses, trucks not allowed to use road to Puncak following road cracks
The Jakarta Post
Heavy rain on Wednesday afternoon caused land cracks along a part of a road under repair in the resort area of Puncak, Bogor.
The road, which is located around Riung Gunung in Cisarua, was undergoing repairs after land subsidence occurred a few months ago.
Bogor Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Ita Puspita Lena said the cracks appeared at around 5 p.m. when it was raining heavily. As a result, vehicles are only allowed on one lane of the road.
Trucks and other heavy vehicles are banned from using the road.
“To avoid further subsidence, trucks and buses are not allowed to pass Riung Gunung. This applies to vehicles both going to and coming from Jakarta,” Bogor Police traffic chief Adj. Hasby Ristama said as quoted by tribunnewsbogor.com. Exceptions are made only for heavy vehicles employed in the repair project.
“The project is planned to last until the end of December,” he said.
Bogor Police officers are now posted around the location to ensure the safety of motorists. Information about the rerouted traffic has been announced on social media.
People planning to go to Cianjur and Bandung are advised use alternative routes via Jonggol, Cariu or Sukabumi. (gis)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence