European travel agents, tour operators explore Bali and West Nusa Tenggara
The Jakarta Post
Travel agents and tour operators from six European countries took part in the Tourism Ministry’s familiarization trip (famtrip) to Tenganan village and Besakih temple in Bali, as well as Gili Trawangan and Special Economic Zone (KEK) Mandalika in West Nusa Tenggara.
The famtrip was held on June 7-14 and joined by 10 people from Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Bulgaria and France.
On the first day of the trip, the group arrived in Bali, where they stayed at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort and enjoyed dinner at Bebek Tepi Sawah restaurant. The next day, they were invited to the opening of Bali & Beyond Travel Fair (BBTF) 2017 and a gala dinner at Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park. On the third and fourth day, participants went back to the BBTF 2017 to meet with sellers.
The rest of the trip was spent exploring popular tourist spots, such as Besakih Temple and Tirta Gangga Water Park in Tenganan village, one of Bali’s famous traditional villages; Gili Trawangan to visit the Gili Eco Resort, the location for Biorock reef restoration; and Mandalika, where they visited to Kuta Beach Lombok and Sade village, home to the Sasak tribe. (kes)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash