European travel agents, tour operators explore Bali and West Nusa Tenggara
The Jakarta Post
Travel agents and tour operators from six European countries took part in the Tourism Ministry’s familiarization trip (famtrip) to Tenganan village and Besakih temple in Bali, as well as Gili Trawangan and Special Economic Zone (KEK) Mandalika in West Nusa Tenggara.
The famtrip was held on June 7-14 and joined by 10 people from Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Bulgaria and France.
On the first day of the trip, the group arrived in Bali, where they stayed at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort and enjoyed dinner at Bebek Tepi Sawah restaurant. The next day, they were invited to the opening of Bali & Beyond Travel Fair (BBTF) 2017 and a gala dinner at Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park. On the third and fourth day, participants went back to the BBTF 2017 to meet with sellers.
The rest of the trip was spent exploring popular tourist spots, such as Besakih Temple and Tirta Gangga Water Park in Tenganan village, one of Bali’s famous traditional villages; Gili Trawangan to visit the Gili Eco Resort, the location for Biorock reef restoration; and Mandalika, where they visited to Kuta Beach Lombok and Sade village, home to the Sasak tribe. (kes)
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- Banyumas hospital severely damaged after quake
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president