Seven best photo spots at Indonesia's Panda Castle
The Jakarta Post
Spanning a 5,000 square-meter area with a design inspired by traditional Chinese architecture, Taman Safari Indonesia's Panda Castle provides interesting photo opportunities in its various nooks and crannies.
Kompas.com has compiled a list of the seven best spots to take that perfect picture for your Instagram feed.
Panda Castle entrance
Visitors are greeted by a large statue of pandas Cai Tao and Hu Chun in the front yard of the Panda Castle. The entrance area also provides the perfect view of the building's unique design. Stop by for a picture before entering or on the way out.
Indoor and outdoor pens
Cai Tao and Hu Chun's enclosures are divided into indoor and outdoor areas. Visitors can visit both to take pictures as the pandas hang out in their homes, while eating, sleeping and playing around.
Female Giant Panda Hu Chun in her enclosure during her quarantine period at Taman Safari Indonesia Panda Area, Cisarua, West Java, Wednesday, November 1, 2017. Cai Tao (male) and Hu chun (female) were lent by the Chinese government as part of a breeding loan program. (JP/Seto Wardhana.)
Visitors can also learn more about pandas at the Castle's education corner, which also makes for an interesting photo spot. There are rooms showing the types of caves pandas rest in, a hospital area, as well as miniature panda statues.
Panda Castle lookout point
Taman Safari Indonesia also provides a lookout point at its Panda Castle, looking out toward the sweeping views surrounding Mount Gede Pangrango.
Visitors can find various panda-inspired snacks, including panda-shaped bread, cakes, bakpao (steamed bun) and bakso (meatballs). The adorable snacks also make for interesting photos to share on social media.
Rows and rows of panda toys are displayed at the souvenir shop, creating a fun backdrop for a picture to remember your visit by.
Although Cai Tao and Hu Chun have taken all the attention, the two pandas actually share the castle with four other red pandas named Shing Shing, Mey Mey, Pai Pai and Hao Hao. (liz/kes)
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design