Four Instagram-worthy places in Indonesia to check out in 2018
The Jakarta Post
Instagram has changed the way people travel. Nowadays, traveling is not merely about the journey, it is also about Instagram-worthy places.
Kampung Pelangi (Rainbow Village) in Semarang, Central Java, is among the Instagram-worthy places. The village's rainbow-colored houses attracted many visitors who flooded Instagram's timeline.
Those looking for Instagrammable places to travel to next year can consult the list below:
Lima Puluh Kota, West Sumatra
Officially launched in 2013, Kelok Sembilan (9 Turns) is a popular selfie area for visitors to Lima Puluh Kota regency in West Sumatra.
Due to its popularity, tempo.co reported that the provincial administration planned to develop Kelok Sembilan as a tourist destination, which includes building a 60-meter tall tower.
The management of Kalibiru National Park in Kulonprogo, Yogyakarta, is set to add more Instagram-worthy spots next year.
Currently, there are seven photo spots in the national park. However, visitors should expect to queue for up to two to three hours to take pictures.
Read also: Four eye-catching spots to see in Semarang
Karanganyar, Central Java
Visitors to Mount Lawu’s western slope in Karanganyar, Central Java, will discover two Instagram-worthy spots, namely the Katresnan and Sumilir valleys.
Katresnan Valley was developed by the residents of Kadipekso village. Visitors will discover selfie-worthy spots, which is on several properties, including a bamboo hut.
Meanwhile, Sumilir Valley was developed by the youth of Milir village. They added a bamboo view tower and European windmill to the photo spots, making it an Instagrammable destination.
Toraja, South Sulawesi
Lolai village in North Toraja is another Instagrammable place worth visiting.
Called negeri di atas awan (land above the clouds), the village is located 1,300 m above sea level, allowing visitors to have a majestic view of the white clouds blanketing the mountainous area. (jes/kes)
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design