TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Anabatic group sells web malware isolation system

  • Anton Hermansyah
    Anton Hermansyah

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Tue, August 1, 2017   /   06:20 pm
Anabatic group sells web malware isolation system Speaking at a conference are PT Blue Power Technology general manager Beng Santosa (from left), PT Blue Power Technology president director Lugas Satrio, Aurionpro Solutions Ltd CEO Samir Shah and Aurionpro's Cyberinc Asia Pacific Head of Sales Maha Srinivasan in Jakarta on Aug. 1. (JP/Anton Hermansyah)

PT Blue Power Technology (BPT), a sub-subsidiary of PT Anabatic Technologies, has made an agreement to distribute the ISLA Web Malware Isolation System in Indonesia.

BPT general manager Beng Santosa said ISLA hardware creates a virtual machine that isolates web browsing activity from other activities.

If malware attacked a system, it could only attack the virtual machine, which could be restored quickly.

"About 81 percent of malware attacks come from web browsers. So rather than using antivirus to detect malware, the isolation system is a better technology," Beng said at a press conference in Jakarta on Tuesday.

Read also: Anabatic aims to get 10,000 SMEs online with Alibaba

ISLA was originally created by Branden Spikes, the former chief information officer at Elon Musk's companies Tesla and SpaceX.

Spikes left all Musk's companies and founded Spikes Securities in 2014.

In September 2016, Indian based Aurionpro Solutions Ltd acquired 80 percent of Spikes Securities, while Branden Spikes maintained ownership of the remaining 20 percent.

"We are pushing the sale of ISLA into the global market after the acquisition of Spikes Securities," Aurionpro CEO Samir Shah said. (bbn)