The Jakarta Post
The Supreme Court has confirmed that former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama has filed a case review petition to challenge the North Jakarta District Court’s ruling that sentenced him to two years in prison for blasphemy last year.
Th Supreme Court’s legal bureau and public relations head, Abdullah, said on Monday that Ahok’s lawyer Josefina A. Syukur had submitted the document via the North Jakarta District Court on Feb. 2.
The Supreme Court’s head had issued a decision stating the appointment of the judge who would be in charge of reviewing the petition and the evidence submitted by Ahok, Abdullah said.
“After receiving the decision, the [North Jakarta District Court] judge has decided to schedule the first hearing on Monday, Feb. 26,” Abdullah said in a statement.
The second hearing would be conducted a week after the first hearing when the prosecutors would respond to the request, he added.
Abdullah said the judge would issue the report and the case dossier to the Supreme Court, he said.
Ahok has been serving time at the National Police's Mobile Brigade Command Headquarters (Mako Brimob) since May 2017.
He has decided not to file an appeal with the Jakarta High Court to challenge the decision.