Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has said that 136 people have been under observation for COVID-19 in Jakarta as of Monday, with 115 of those observed having been declared healthy.
"Up until now, we have observed 136 people. Meanwhile, 115 people have been declared healthy and the other 21 are still under observation," Anies told the press on Monday.
Anies explained that out of the 136 cases of suspected COVID-19, 39 people were placed under the “supervision” category, meaning they were admitted to hospitals.
He said the Jakarta administration would give periodic updates to its residents about the situation and would do its best to protect citizens.
Anies added that the Jakarta Health Agency had been doing epidemiology research on the suspected COVID-19 patients.
"We would do anything to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission. The Jakarta Health Agency is constructing interaction patterns of the COVID-19 suspects – where they went, who they interacted with and when and so forth. We're observing everything," he said.
According to Anies, the Jakarta Administration had also created a COVID-19 response team on Monday.
"The COVID-19 response team consists of the head of the Jakarta health agency, the head of the Jakarta communication and information agency, the head of the Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency [BPBD], the head of Kesbangpol [Jakarta National and Political Unity Office], the head of the Jakarta Education Agency, the head of the Jakarta Tourism and Creative Economy Agency, as well as the Jakarta Economy Bureau.
“The team will work at the Jakarta Health Agency office on Jl. Kesehatan No. 10 in Gambir, Central Jakarta," he said.
Anies asked residents who experienced COVID-19 symptoms or those with knowledge of somebody who had symptoms to report to authorities.
"Make a report to the nearest puskesmas [community health center] or call 112 or 119. We will soon add a phone number for ambulance services to provide a quick response," he said.
Anies also asked residents who experience cold-like symptoms to use face masks.
"Don't take your symptoms lightly. It's better to make a report to the health authority," Anies said.
He said he had coordinated with the Jakarta Transportation Agency, city-owned bus operator Transjakarta, and the MRT operator to take preventive measures to ensure the safety of the city's public facilities.
"We will make an announcement on the details soon," added Anies. (nal)