INSIGHT: Engaging China in maintaining peace in South China Sea
Klaus Heinrich Raditio
Researching China’s recent behavior and strategy in the South China Sea for his PhD at the University of Sydney
PREMIUM That the extensive claim over the body of water within China’s nine-dash line in the South China Sea does not correspond to international law should not be overlooked. Furthermore, China’s behavior in the South China Sea, namely the massive construction of artificial islands, is undeniably worrying. However, there are some disagreements regarding the strategy of maintaining peace an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere