Coal: Between growth and energy mix
Technical adviser for PT Geoservices
PREMIUM Resistance against coal as source of energy is growing steadily. A local NGO called the Network for Mining Advocacy (Jatam) recently released a report entitled “Hungry Coal, Coal Mining and its Impact on National Food Security.” The report said existing coal concessions had overlapped 19 percent of the area mapped and dedicated for rice fields and could cause a loss of 1.7 million t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi tells military, police to maintain neutrality in upcoming elections
- Indonesia eyes 3 percent inflation rate in 2020
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- 'Transformers' leads Razzie pack for Hollywood's worst in 2017
- Roads less traveled in Pakistan
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31