Coal: Between growth and energy mix
Technical adviser for PT Geoservices
PREMIUM Resistance against coal as source of energy is growing steadily. A local NGO called the Network for Mining Advocacy (Jatam) recently released a report entitled “Hungry Coal, Coal Mining and its Impact on National Food Security.” The report said existing coal concessions had overlapped 19 percent of the area mapped and dedicated for rice fields and could cause a loss of 1.7 million t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video