Coal: Between growth and energy mix
Technical adviser for PT Geoservices
PREMIUM Resistance against coal as source of energy is growing steadily. A local NGO called the Network for Mining Advocacy (Jatam) recently released a report entitled “Hungry Coal, Coal Mining and its Impact on National Food Security.” The report said existing coal concessions had overlapped 19 percent of the area mapped and dedicated for rice fields and could cause a loss of 1.7 million t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement