Race to bottom breaches human rights
Lawyer and analyst at the Indonesian Tax Justice Forum
PREMIUM The UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR) has released its General Comment No. 24. This recent authoritative interpretation of human rights obligations of the state in the context of business activities is a significant development since the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights were adopted in 2011. Many issues are addressed in the comment, including trade an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design