Race to bottom breaches human rights
Lawyer and analyst at the Indonesian Tax Justice Forum
PREMIUM The UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR) has released its General Comment No. 24. This recent authoritative interpretation of human rights obligations of the state in the context of business activities is a significant development since the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights were adopted in 2011. Many issues are addressed in the comment, including trade an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung