Commentary: SEA Games reveals government failure, athletes' resilience
Dicky Christanto Wulandaru
The Jakarta Post
Let’s not focus on how government officials are producing a barrage of excuses to cover for their failure to ensure our athletes received adequate training and peace of mind while preparing for the Southeast Asia (SEA) Games in Kuala Lumpur, which concluded last week.
These officials knew exactly what would come from the quality of their work in the lead-up to the compet...
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan