Commentary: SEA Games reveals government failure, athletes' resilience
Dicky Christanto Wulandaru
The Jakarta Post
Let’s not focus on how government officials are producing a barrage of excuses to cover for their failure to ensure our athletes received adequate training and peace of mind while preparing for the Southeast Asia (SEA) Games in Kuala Lumpur, which concluded last week.
These officials knew exactly what would come from the quality of their work in the lead-up to the compet...
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade