Commentary: SEA Games reveals government failure, athletes' resilience
Dicky Christanto Wulandaru
The Jakarta Post
Let’s not focus on how government officials are producing a barrage of excuses to cover for their failure to ensure our athletes received adequate training and peace of mind while preparing for the Southeast Asia (SEA) Games in Kuala Lumpur, which concluded last week.
These officials knew exactly what would come from the quality of their work in the lead-up to the compet...
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021