Commentary: SEA Games reveals government failure, athletes' resilience
Dicky Christanto Wulandaru
The Jakarta Post
Let’s not focus on how government officials are producing a barrage of excuses to cover for their failure to ensure our athletes received adequate training and peace of mind while preparing for the Southeast Asia (SEA) Games in Kuala Lumpur, which concluded last week.
These officials knew exactly what would come from the quality of their work in the lead-up to the compet...
You might also like :
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire